Recently, the ministry approved the sanitary guideline that allows the opening of cinemas in the country.
- Cinepolis courtesy photo -
Published Friday, September 18, 2020
Movie theaters reopen with
premieres this weekend
By the A.M. Costa Rica staff
Movie theaters remained closed since March, until today, after sanitary orders by the Ministry of Health were put into place to try to contain the spread of covid-19. This weekend theaters reopen offering movie screening.
Among the weekend movie premieres are:
• "SCOOB!" reveals the never-before-told story of famous children's comic dog Scooby-Doo’s origins.
• The High Note, an American comedy-drama film portrayed by Dakota Johnson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Zoë Chao, Bill Pullman, Eddie Izzard, and Ice Cube.
• Victor and Célia, a French romantic comedy movie play by Arthur Dupont and Alice Belaïdi.
• Frida, an Italian movie based on the life of the famous Mexican artist.
Recently, the ministry approved the sanitary guideline that allows the opening of cinemas in the country, so that cinemas will serve the public following the safety rules of the new normal.
"Ensuring contagion-free spaces is a priority for us," the Cinepolis company said in its statement. "Offering you the best experience in a safe and healthy environment, from arrival in theaters to finishing the film, is the most important thing.”
Among the health security measures implemented in theaters are:
• All employees must comply with social distancing, wear face masks and face shields.
• It is recommended to use the app to buy tickets and snacks to avoid the use of box office and candy stores. However, if someone cannot use the app, a ticket box and snack bar will be open in an area where acrylic barriers were installed to reinforce security at the points of greatest contact.
• People must comply with the safety guidelines to enter the cinema, such as wearing a mask, washing their hands when entering and using the antibacterial gel dispenser before entering to see the movie.
• Few seats are enabled to ensure a radius of 1.8 meters of social distance between people.
• People's temperature will be taken before entering the movie theaters.
Have you gone to the movies in the new normal yet? We would like to know your thoughts on this story. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org