AMCostaRica©

ARCHIVE FILE Published Friday, January 4, 2019  /              second top story
Calendar
Tourism
Classifieds
Real Estate
Lifestyle
Food
About Us
                               AMCostaRica©
Cocal021518.gif

                              AMCostaRica©
Cielo111218.gif

...



Investigator confirms the death of
the three suspects of assault in a bank



By A.M. Costa Rica staff


The Judicial Investigation Organization confirmed the death of three suspects who attempted to assault a woman at the entrance of a private bank in the town of Coronado* in San Jose.

The report states that at noon on Thursday, a woman and man went to a private bank in the town of Coronado in San Jose to deposit ¢30 million colones ($49,600), proceeds from business operations. Just before they entered the bank, three men threatened them with weapons demanding their money. Investigators state that two men had arrived on a motorcycle and one in a car moments before the couple arrived with the money.

As the robbery attempt began, the bank's security officer came to the aid of the woman requesting they leave her alone. The suspects, however, were armed. There was an exchange of gunfire between the three suspects and the security officer.

After several minutes, two of the suspects had been killed by the guard and the third suspect was badly wounded, falling near the bank door. The man who was accompanying the woman was also injured and the security officer was shot in the shoulder.

Three people, a suspect, the woman’s companion and the bank guard were treated on site by the Red Cross and transferred to the emergency room of the Calderon Guardia Hospital* in San Jose.

The police report that the security officer and the man are in a stable situation but that the third suspect died in the hospital.

The deaths of the three suspects was confirmed by Marco Carrión, head of the Criminal Investigation Department. 

There is some concern that the three assailants knew of the bank deposit that the couple would make and went to meet them at the entrance of the bank. For that reason, investigators advise owners of companies not to make the bank deposits themselves or send others to make the deposits for them.


Bank010419.jpg
A.M. Costa Rica
photo

The deaths of the three suspects was confirmed by Marco Carrión, head of the Criminal Investigation Department.


The advice of these specialists is to hire companies specializing in monetary transactions because they have sophisticated security systems in addition to the money is insured for theft.

Carrión says that the situation highlights the need for secure transportation of cash to and from banks. "Many assaults occur when the owners or messengers are sent to make deposits to the banks, and this increases the risk of being assaulted,” he said.

The three suspects did not carry identification and the names of the security officer and the victims were not published for security reasons.

Investigators say that the bodies of the two assailants who died at the entrance to the bank were sent to the Judiciary Morgue by forensic specialists of Judicial Investigation Organization.

-----
Should
the officer have fired at other parts of the suspects' bodies to avoid the deaths? We would like to know your thoughts. Send your comments to: news@amcostarica.com

*Click on the blue letters to reach the place in google maps.

DentalHorizontal.gif

Facebook110217.jpg twitter110217.jpg
Subscribe110217.jpg





   AMCostaRica©
AcademySale112218.gif



AMCostaRica©

Residency090418.gif



   AMCostaRica©
ARCR030818.gif